Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 14:13:15 +0200

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> IMO we should focus in at least 5-10 minutes users more than 3 minutes
> ones. Because to focus in the 3 minutes ones emacs will require at
> least a permanent visible bindings bar somewhere (like nano) or change
> many things to make them familiar for external users. And we won't do
> that I think :/

Why does that follow? And even so, if you have a video on "moving text",
"help system basics" or "managing buffers", you're going to handle 3-4
keybindings and their functions at most, and that's something that could
already be pasted into the scratch buffer (or some other buffer) to
begin with.

--
        Philip K.