Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 23:45:55 +0200

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 11:43:11PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

I suppose that’s exactly what gtk_selection_bg_color and
gtk_selection_fg_color are supposed to do: take the colours from the GTK
theme.

On Guix we build Emacs with the GTK toolkit.

So the bug is that we obey the "external" settings for the region but
apparently not for the `default` face.

There’s also a colour clash with the font-lock-comment-face and the
region when gtk_selection_bg_color happens to be dark (dark red on
black).

Perhaps it’s a mistake to obey external colour settings at all, when we
can only do it partially anyway.

--
Ricardo