Re: Theme generator

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Theme generator
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:44:26 +0200

>> Indeed my remark aims at another part: to define such a framework you
>> need some way for each face to "compute itself" based on some
>> settings elsewhere.  Extending the `defface` machinery would make such
>> "compute itself" possible without extra gymnastics.  It would in itself
>                                                                ^
>                                                               n't
>
>> introduce a framework, but might make such a framework better fit into
>> the rest of the system, I think.
>

>         Stefan

You are definitely correct; I am not that knowledgable about "defface
machinery" and how it works under the hood, so it is behind my skills;
but, conceptucally, I understand correct, it would eliminate need for
theme creators to skin at least Emacs built-in gui elements if defface
could pick values automatically from some "skinning" framework.