Repeating commands (was: Patch for emacs/basic.texi)

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Repeating commands (was: Patch for emacs/basic.texi)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:26:03 +0200

>> (It's one of those bindings, along with with "C-x o", that I wish came
>> with a "C-x z"-like transient map.)
>
> It's trivial to create a repeating command, so you
> can use `C-x u u u u ...'.

Thanks for these tips!  I actually already had setup method 1
(set-transient-map) for other-window, but never bothered with undo.

Method 2 (repeat) is neat!  I wonder whether these three variables you
bind should be mentioned in repeat's docstring, I would never have
guessed this function could be programmed this way.

(Though I did get a kick just now out of reading repeat.el's commentary,
squinting at the existentialist conclusion, checking the "Author:"
attribute just in case, and finding out that yep, this *is* Will
Mengarini's fine work.)