Re: A modern-mode?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 23:48:02 +0200

Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think that I'm the only one with this understanding, see for
> example the earlier post suggesting the name newbie-mode (synonymous
> to beginner-mode for me) with the idea that users would eventually
> grow out of this mode, like training wheels. I don't consider any of
> the suggested settings to be training wheels.

Yeah, `newbie-mode' or anything similar to that would just be an insult.

This should be an opinionated and curated selection of good modes and
themes, and there's nothing "newbie" or "beginner" about that.

And there should, of course, be more than one of these.  Just give them
fun names, like, say, "Doom" or "Quake".