Re: A modern-mode?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 06:50:13 +0200

arthur miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> Can't customize already show ui to turn on/off features without showing
> elisp?
>
> Can't there be just a customize group or page where people can turn on/off
> features and similar?  What makes theme more
> suitable?
>
> I am sorry if I am a tad bit obnoxious, my goal is not to be negative, just
> "thinking loud".

Sorry, I have been looking into manual about themes and custom.el; sure
theme can do anything so I understand it now :-).

"Custom themes are collections of settings that can be enabled or
disabled as a unit. You can use Custom themes to switch easily between
various collections of settings, and to transfer such collections from
one computer to another. "

"To apply the choice of theme(s) to future Emacs sessions, type C-x C-s
(custom-theme-save) or use the ‘[Save Theme Settings]’ button."

So indeed  it can be used for anything. Though I would rather call
such theme for a "mode" but that would be really a confusion since Emacs
modes are different things.