Re: A modern-mode?

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:15:29 +0200

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 07:27:10AM +0000, Andrea Corallo via Emacs development
discussions. wrote:
ams@gnu.org (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:

What was once modern will become old again, and what was old again
will become modern.

One important aspect of this collection of settings is that we should be
less committed to (eternal :) immutability as we are for normal
defaults.

As this is meant to be an help for new starters we should feel free to
improve these from release to release without a negative impact on old
new starters, as by definition they are not anymore new starters :)

IOW If they stayed around for more than a release cycle quite certainly
they have learned how to personalize Emacs themselves.

 Andrea

Maybe instead of modern we should call it experimental/develop... (:
looking the discussion here we should call it warrior or rebel ;)