Re: solarized

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: solarized
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:11:54 +0200

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > > And then invert it for light backgrounds?
>
>   > So you mean to develop two distinct sets of colours?
>
> No, just one set.  Then compute the inverse of the colors
> in that set.
>
> By inverse I mean, the color that is to white as color X is to black.
> I don't know what formula is needed for that, but I presume someone does.
Yes, it would be possible; by choosing some criteria for difference in
contrast or shade or some other, for example by choosing a complementary
colors could be one way, or tertiary colors or some other "predefined
way". But people might not be satisfied with the choice for any reason,
so maybe some functionality to precompute a shade from a given shade and
desired contrast, could be added as well.