RE: solarized

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: solarized
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 16:44:29 +0000 (UTC)

> Here is an idea for dealing with monitor variations, cultural variations
> in color perception, and personal quirks.
>
> We could have a color-tuning feature that lets a user adjust slowly,
> in any direction, each color in the color palette that Emacs faces
> use.

This is something I mentioned in the context of
the discussion about theme adjustment/generation.

Library `Do Re Mi' lets you do exactly that, with
an individual face or all faces: incrementally
(as fine or gross an increment as you like) change
hue, saturation, value, red, green, or blue, and
even combinations.

For example, command `doremi-face-fg+' lets you
change foreground and background colors of a
face by incrementing/decrementing its RGB or
HSV components.  A popup frame shows you sample
text in the face as it changes, as well as
sample text in the previous value of the face.

You can do this quickly (or slowly), with cycle
keys (e.g. arrows) or with a mouse wheel.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DoReMi#doremi-frm.el