RE: Interactive guide for new users (was: Re: Gather a list of confusion

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Interactive guide for new users (was: Re: Gather a list of confusions beginner tend to have)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 10:02:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Here is :
> - a 1st general flow proposal with a point to discuss,
> - with 1 example of how each step could be structured.

It's been said before: Please do NOT refer to such
a prepared set of settings and packages as an Emacs
"distribution".

These are not distributions.  Call them nearly
anything but that, please.

They're giant sacks of possible features and choices
of settings.  I don't care whether you call them
styles, brands, super-packages, modes, themes, or
foobars.  But they're not Emacs distributions.