Re: Xref completion

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Xref completion
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 13:21:19 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> I've pushed it now with some changes, hope you all like the result.
>
> Shortening the group part (in most common cases) is among them.
>
> Also added some highlighting with corresponding xref faces. It now
> looks closer to Pierre's original screenshot.

The result looks nice.

> Removed the bit of logic that hid the summaries when they are
> technically unnecessary because in my testing it made completion
> slightly less useful by hiding information (sorry).

If the summary contains different info, like the actual line from the
group (in case it is a file), that may be useful to show it, for
example:

/foo.cpp:40:struct Foo : Bar
/foo2.cpp:42:struct Foo : Foo2

However, at the moment it only shows the same summary info for each
line, which doesn't seem really useful:

/foo.cpp:40:Foo
/foo2.cpp:42:Foo

Or one can also just add this info into the reading prompt:
    (format "Jump to definition of `%s': " summary)

--
William