Re: Xref completion

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Xref completion
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 21:52:32 +0200

> I've pushed it now with some changes, hope you all like the result.
>
> Shortening the group part (in most common cases) is among them.
>
> Also added some highlighting with corresponding xref faces. It now looks
> closer to Pierre's original screenshot.

Thanks, everything works well.  Would be nicer to add all available
choices to xref-show-definitions-function (i.e. "at bottom", "minibuffer").

> BTW, Juri, how do you think this new function compares against
> xref--show-defs-buffer-at-bottom?
>
> On the one hand, it feels kinda faster, on the other, it lacks the ability
> to "look around" when you really need it. In an ideal world, I guess the UI
> would be somewhere in the middle.

There are still too many differences between them.  The most noteworthy
is that xref--show-defs-minibuffer doesn't show completions by default,
only after TAB TAB.