Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:44:20 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2020-12-15 17:42]:
> For most major modes, it's hard to find a justification for a toolbar,
> and for some major modes, OTOH, it's a no-brainer (e.g. mpc.el).
> But I don't think we've done a good job of making use of the toolbar for
> the middle ground.

For your insights and considerations1, personally toolbar is definitely
great when working with the mouse and interacting with other
applications. Especially when trying to work with one hand it is
great. For staff members who need to save files or open new notes
quickly it is great. Even more icons would be great to have, there is
so much more space. Tool bars make Emacs user friendly for majority of
new users as people are used to using mouse.

It should even get its customize or defcustom possibility.