Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 22:22:17 +0100

> Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 9:58 PM
> From: "Dmitry Gutov" <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> To: "Lars Ingebrigtsen" <larsi@gnus.org>, "Óscar Fuentes" <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

> >> We have no data to support that.
> > I know you're being funny, but: The only data we have does support that.
> >

> I think everyone here can agree that we need both more and better data.

Wrong Rationalism.  We would be simply be provisioning to a subset of people
based on the trends in society.  It would not be primarily about software
freedom.  The focus must on the work we should do, rather that disregarding
minority shareholders as done in the corporate world.  For instance, catering
for users with limitations has almost always been about the few - so almost
nobody cares about that.

For instance, there is only one face theme that adequately passes
International Accessibility Standards - Modus-Themes. Should
Modus-Themes be the default face for Emacs? - Absolutely!

Christopher