Tests in core depending on GNU ELPA packages (was: decision on moving co

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Tests in core depending on GNU ELPA packages (was: decision on moving core packages to ELPA; also move to obsolete?)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 22:13:55 -0500

Hi Stefan,

[...]

> Also, the proposed bundling doesn't let Emacs's own code depend on GNU
> ELPA code, so it still wouldn't allow us to use `dash.el` inside Emacs.
>
> I don't see any need to "solve" or discuss those issues before we can
> bundle packages.

Nice work reorganizing GNU ELPA.

As part of my work on bug#43566, I'd like to add a test to
test/lisp/net/ntlm-tests.el that depends on the GNU ELPA packages
ws-server and url-http-ntlm.  I'd prefer the test to be in core rather
than GNU ELPA, since it's specifically to prevent ntlm.el regressions
introduced by core changes (e.g., url).

Can you suggest a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Thomas