Re: Emacs as a word processor (ways to convert Word/RTF proprietary file

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Emacs as a word processor (ways to convert Word/RTF proprietary files)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 14:41:03 +0100

>>> "RS" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>> I think you underestimate the amount of pressure applied on any
>> J.R. Hacker having a daytime job to use MS Office.

> I am sure you know what you're talking about, but I've been able to
> convince everyone who sends me a document to send it to me in a non-Word
> format.

I envy you for that.
It might work, if you don't have to modify these files.

But I have, unfortunately, to collaborate in my department sometimes
with docx files, that are sent to me and I have to open, modify and send
them back.

All conversions to open formats were not completely faithful (no wounder
if the format is not even properly specified to the public).