Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 11:46:23 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Isn't the code behind that particular feature proprietary?
>>
>> In what sense? GitHub is inherently proprietary, so yes, but what
>> about this specific feature is different.
>
> I think it is dangerous for Emacs to "integrate" with such proprietary
> software.  It would make people gravitate towards that software.

That yes, but that is an inherent problem of LSP (e.g. see how VSCode
can automatically download and run a propitiatory LSP server like
Pylance), and not the "." command itself.

I think a better solution to Ag's problem is to make editing online
repositories easier, without to manually clone a directory every time.

--
        Philip Kaludercic