RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:53:15 +0000

> > The person who started this thread (and with a
> > patch) now says he doesn't understand the plan.
>
> I don't think I understand how me asking for a
> clarification could be interpreted as an argument
> against these improvements.

I don't see how anyone could take what I said there
as interpreting your request for clarification that
way.  I don't interpret it that way.  What I said
just repeats what you said:

  maybe I don't understand the overreaching plan.
  Is the idea...?

Do you feel I misrepresented what you said?  That
wasn't my intention, at least.  And I quoted you.

If you were asking that at this point, it occurred
to me that I might not be the only person who'd
appreciate a summary.

> > What's the aim?  What's wrong with (kbd ...)?
>
> We have discussed the problems with 'kbd' in
> some detail in this thread.

I'm sure you have.  It's a long thread.  I asked
for a summary.  Is that asking too much?  Seems
like that should be simple to provide.  If not,
or if no one wants to provide it, fine.