Re: Where is sr-speedbar.el upstream repo?

From: chen.mingzheng
Subject: Re: Where is sr-speedbar.el upstream repo?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 23:49:40 +0800

在 2022/7/5 22:22, Stefan Monnier 写道:
> It's the result of nobody having the guts to consider
> themselves maintainer

I'm curious why is that happens. What are the responsibilities for a maintainer and what gonna happens if someone want to be a maintainer for it. managing PRs, fixing bug for some PR and so on?

在 2022/7/5 22:22, Stefan Monnier 写道:
I found that there were some closed PR (which were not merged) in
https://github.com/emacsorphanage/sr-speedbar. A member of the repo said the
repo is only a mirror, and reject the patch, see [1]. So, I'm
confused again.

Then I edit the emacswiki page at [2], and it seems ok to me. So I guess
sr-speedbar.sl is maintaining directly in [2] by other developers. Is it
a little bit weird?

Yes.  It's the result of nobody having the guts to consider
themselves maintainer.  It's not hard.  Do it.

         Stefan