Re: Where is sr-speedbar.el upstream repo?

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: Where is sr-speedbar.el upstream repo?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 12:56:30 -0400

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 11:57 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I'm curious why is that happens. What are the responsibilities for
> a maintainer

Nobody can sue the maintainer for not doing its job, so in terms of real
responsibilities there aren't any, but in terms of what's expected, it's
mostly to be responsive and to care about the package.

I'm curious about why the same-frame functionality hasn't been absorbed into the speedbar package itself.  The appearance of a "project explorer" that doesn't "dock" in the project frame has always been a jarring disconnect from the way other IDEs implement this idiom for me.