Re: disable automatic native-compilation?

From: Tor Kringeland
Subject: Re: disable automatic native-compilation?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 11:04:16 +0000

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Not "completely".  `native-comp-speed' works at function per function
> level.  A function copiled with native-comp-speed -1 will still be
> enclosed in the produced .eln file but in bytecode form.  Indeed setting
> it globally will have as result the production of the same .eln files
> but those will include the bytecode definition of the compiled
> functions.

I see.  Maybe this could be mentioned explicitly in the manual?  What
the manual says now is consistent with what you say, but when I read it
I got the impression that setting 'native-comp-speed' to -1 in
early-init.el would completely disable native compilation/wouldn't
generate the .eln files at all.