Re: EBrowse obsolete?

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: EBrowse obsolete?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:55:33 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Ah, so that's what you mean by "over the network".  I'm surprised it
>> comes up that often.  I don't think it's a super-common use case
>> (e.g. what other editor offers such a functionality?
>
> Apparently, VS Code and some IntelliJ products.

Also worth mentioning are Netbeans, Eclipse, CLion, some Python IDEs...

My impression is that remote development got a lot of traction when
working in home office became more popular/neccessary--companies usually
don't want their source code on private computers.  In some cases there
might also be legal or contractual requirements for this.