docstring has wrong usage of unescaped single quotes (use \= or differen

From: João Távora
Subject: docstring has wrong usage of unescaped single quotes (use \= or different quoting)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:24:01 +0100

Hi,

This byte-compilation warning pops up all over the place now.  I've
fixed it in some of my packages, but when byte-compiling I'm interested
in those warnings that, when unheeded, could cause my program logic to
produce incorrect results and/or waste resources.  Perhaps I'm mistaken,
but this does not seem like one such thing.  This is particularly noisy
when hunting problems with 'flymake-mode'.

Docstring checking code should go into "checkdoc", so one has a choice
of removing its checkdoc backend and the associated noise if one is not
interested in it.

Furthermore, in a tangent issue, I don't understand exactly the
suggestion in the warning message.  How exactly is \= to be used?  \='
doesn't work.  In one of my docstrings I had an elisp snippet for users
to copy-paste and I ended replacing the quote character with the 'quote'
special form, which works but now produces an inferior docstring.

Thanks,
João