Re: [ELPA] New package: perl-doc

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: perl-doc
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:19:50 +0200

Hi Harald, Akib,
* Harald Jörg <haj@posteo.de> [2022-07-27; 17:59]:
> Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> writes:
>> Set "Man-width" to the width of documentation frame.  I don't know how
>> to do it Info, however there is a user option "Info-refill-paragraphs".
>> Any suggestion from Info hackers?
>
> Ah, excellent.  Again and again I learn that it is wrong to say "Emacs
> doesn't do X" but instead I should ask "How do I do X in
> Emacs"?

I used to setq Info-refill-paragraphs to t, but as the
documentation says, "this only has an effect if
Info-hide-note-references is non-nil" and then one should
"be prepared for a few surprises if you enable this
feature".

For me the refilling of info was not worth these surprises.
And nowadays my display is wide enough anyway.

Ciao; Gregor