Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:09:32 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

>>> So in the perfect UI, you could just hold down a modifier,
>>> then type the usual keys that you would type if another window
>>> was selected.
>>
>> You basically want a foot pedal that moves focus to “the” other window
>> when depressed, and back when released.
>
> That legendary foot pedal would be ideal.  But using windmove is also not bad.
> When 's-<down>' moves to another window and 's-<up>' moves back, then
> a key sequence is quite short: 's-<down> SPC SPC SPC DEL s-<up>'.

I have in my Emacs define prefix + jkli as move to window left, down, right,
up. These are like "wasd" keys used in computer games, I used the same analogy,
just shifted it to left hand instead. I do use prefix + wasd too "send buffer"
from selected window to up, left, right, down in cases where Emacs opens a
buffer in my selected window but I didn't want it, or I want certain buffer in
some particular window.