Re: Odd behavior when moving point over invisible text

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Odd behavior when moving point over invisible text
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 01:30:44 +0200

> Eli Zaretskii writes:
> It's a bug.  Should be fixed now on the master branch.

I had a look. Now the behavior looks consistent with using the key binding.

But... There is still a thing that I find a little odd but might be the
desired behavior.

What happens is: If point is before the first dot in the ellipsis and I call
(forward-char) multiple times, from a function or test case, not manually, the
point stays on the first dot (It seems point is really moving in the hidden
text because if the number of times it is repeated is larger than the hidden
text the point comes out on the other side so to say.)

This can also be demonstrated with trying to pass the ellipsis using a prefix
arg to C-f. It is easiest to demonstrate by having a big text portion that is
hidden. Put the point before the ellipsis on the right parenthesis in the
example file and type C-u 10 C-f and notice that point will stop at the first
dot. Put back the point on the parenthesis and type C-f C-f and point moves
over the ellipsis.

%% Mats