Re: [emms-help] Some thoughts

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Some thoughts
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:27:49 +0300

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello dear EMMS users/developpers !
>

> I have a nice project in mind, but I unfortunately lack time (damn
> summer internship). I was thinking of a sort of database associated with
> files, with at least the following features :
> - last time played
> - preferred lyrics url
> - note/score
> - whatever
>
> That would allow to find the tracks that you don't play often, or sort
> them by score, or play only tracks above a given thresold, etc.
> What do you think of it ?

Is your idea to have this information in the playlist buffer? What comes
to mind is a "playlist format string" which allows you to add the
information in the playlist buffer in a gnus like manner.

For example:

Track Name             |  Length  |  Last played   | Score |
Beethoven - No. 14 ... |  13:44   |  Two days ago  | 7.8   |

Or was your idea a completely separate interface. I am not a fan of
multiple separate interfaces to information.

> Right now It's just a project, no code at all, and no idea how to store
> the "database".

This list is a good place to "write the idea down". My last exam is the
start of next month, then we will see...

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell