[emms-help] Re: Some thoughts

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Some thoughts
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:33:51 +0200

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:
> Is your idea to have this information in the playlist buffer? What comes
> to mind is a "playlist format string" which allows you to add the
> information in the playlist buffer in a gnus like manner.

The idea is to store it independently from EMMS playlist, so that it
survives to Emacs reboots. We could display it the way you suggest it,
sounds cute :)

> Track Name             |  Length  |  Last played   | Score |
> Beethoven - No. 14 ... |  13:44   |  Two days ago  | 7.8   |
>
> Or was your idea a completely separate interface. I am not a fan of
> multiple separate interfaces to information.

"In the same interface" sounds good. But Jorgen will complain, he
doesn't use the playlist interface, but might be interested in some
features that the future database will provide.

> This list is a good place to "write the idea down". My last exam is the
> start of next month, then we will see...

Wow, I didn't know you had exams :)

--
Lucas