Re: [emms-help] Re: Some thoughts

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: Some thoughts
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:44:57 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is your idea to have this information in the playlist buffer? What comes
>> to mind is a "playlist format string" which allows you to add the
>> information in the playlist buffer in a gnus like manner.
>
> The idea is to store it independently from EMMS playlist, so that it
> survives to Emacs reboots. We could display it the way you suggest it,
> sounds cute :)

Tracks already can story any kind of name/value pairs. If you want
to do this, please store the information in tracks, and implement
track caching so it survives Emacs reboots. (This will also make
ID3 tag information survive!)

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))