Re: Beets integration

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: Re: Beets integration
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 02:53:57 +0200

    >> > I'd like to release 19 in the near future. I'm still waiting on
    >> > copyright paperwork from the FSF to be completed for another
    >> > contributor.
    >>
    >> > If the Emms-beets feature is usable and documented, I would like it
    >> > included in this release. But it is completely up to you if you merge
it
    >> > at this time Daniel; you know it best. I also have no problem with
    >> > waiting with it for the next release (they happen about every three
    >> > months.)
    >>
    >> I have been using it for a while, and have done some more testing
    >> recently.  I believe it is stable, I'm not aware of any issues currently.
    >> I just went over all the changes, applied some minor doc fixes, and
    >> pushed them to the master branch.

    > That's excellent; thank you.

    > Can you please take care of the compiler warnings? Otherwise those will
    > show up in all ELPA installs, and we typically deliver releases
    > warning-free. As above, no rush since I'm still waiting on some
    > paperwork.

Do you mean warnings in "emms-source-beets.el", or in general?  I only
get the following warnings when installing the master branch as a
package (with `package-vc-install-from-checkout'):

Warning (comp): emms-bookmarks.el:76:6: Warning: value from call to ‘sort’ is
unused
Warning (comp): emms-browser.el:285:18: Warning: in defcustom for
‘emms-browser-covers’: ‘list’ without arguments
Warning (comp): emms-browser.el:299:10: Warning: in defcustom for
‘emms-browser-default-covers’: ‘list’ without arguments
Warning (comp): emms-metaplaylist-mode.el:50:10: Warning: in defcustom for
‘emms-metaplaylist-mode-hooks’: ‘list’ without arguments
Warning (comp): emms-later-do.el:75:8: Warning: ‘unwind-protect’ without unwind
forms