femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples

From: Jason Sidabras
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:31:42 -0500

> I am working on a master's thesis in which I will be solving for eddy
> currents on an arbitrary conductive plate in a 2d domain with an applied
> H field perpendicular to the domain.From these solutions I could find the
> magnetic field associated with the eddy currents and use that solution to
> optimize the resulting H field to my desired distribution.

Which mathematical equation has to be solved on the 2d domain?

 Quasi-static Maxwell's equations:

Curl H =  Js + Je
Del dot B = 0
Curl E = - j omega B
Del dot D = 0
Je = sigma E
B = mu H
D = epsilon E

> I believe I will have to program my own domain class to accomplish this.

The class <domain> should be general enough to accomplish this.
Essentially, in Femlisp, a <domain> object is more or less the same as a
mesh (both are derived from the class <skeleton>).  This is quite general,
because also blob cells (called <boundary-cell>) are allowed which can then
be triangulated using Triangle.

best examples would be in #p"femlisp:src;mesh;domain.lisp" and #p"femlisp:src;mesh;skeleton.lisp"  i assume?

 BTW, I installed triangle from downloading it from Shewchuk and put it in my path. Is this not the preferred way? Do I have to load #p"femlisp:src;mesh;triangle.lisp" to get that functionality?

> All this while learning lisp :)

Good luck!

 Thank you, as I get deeper and deeper into femlisp I will probably be asking questions.

Jason