femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:06:22 +0200

"Jason Sidabras" <address@hidden> writes:

>  Quasi-static Maxwell's equations:
>
> Curl H =  Js + Je
> Del dot B = 0
> Curl E = - j omega B
> Del dot D = 0
> Je = sigma E
> B = mu H
> D = epsilon E

OK, but this is usually treated in a simpler form, e.g. something like

  -curl( mu^-1 curl E) + omega^2 epsilon E  = -i omega J

This is then treated with special edge elements.

Is this what you are aiming for?  [If yes, I am interested in this myself,
and might be implementing edge elements in the near future.]

>     > I believe I will have to program my own domain class to accomplish this.
>
>     The class <domain> should be general enough to accomplish this.
>     Essentially, in Femlisp, a <domain> object is more or less the same as a
>     mesh (both are derived from the class <skeleton>).  This is quite general,
>     because also blob cells (called <boundary-cell>) are allowed which can
> then
>     be triangulated using Triangle.
>
> best examples would be in #p"femlisp:src;mesh;domain.lisp" and
> #p"femlisp:src;mesh;skeleton.lisp"  i assume?

Yes, but even better might be
 #p"femlisp:src;applications;domains;inlay-domain.lisp"

>  BTW, I installed triangle from downloading it from Shewchuk and put it
> in my path. Is this not the preferred way? Do I have to load
> #p"femlisp:src;mesh;triangle.lisp" to get that functionality?

This file should be loaded automatically.  What does the variable
FL.MESH::*TRIANGLE-PATHNAME* contain?  Does it work, if you set it to the
location of your triangle binary?  (However, this should be found
automatically, if it is in your path, see the lines at the beginning of
#p"femlisp:src;mesh;triangle.lisp".)

>     > All this while learning lisp :)
>
>     Good luck!
>
>  Thank you, as I get deeper and deeper into femlisp I will probably be asking
> questions.

You're welcome.
Nicolas