Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dt

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dtmls
Date: Thu Aug 29 06:11:02 2002

Hello Vicky,

This seems like quite a mess you've managed to create. ;) The partial
error message of "longint" doesn't tell me much, except it feels like
it's more of a server problem, not Fle3 related. And if your ZMI (Zope
Management Interface) has stopped responding, then definitely Fle3 is
not the source of your problems. The reason could be as simple as the
server running out of free disk space. Zope's database does
incremental changes only, so it just grows and grows. You'll want to
pack the database every now and then (ZMI->Control
Panel->Database->Pack).

I would first of all recommend restarting Zope to see if ZMI is
accessible. If not, look at Zope's error logs to see what is going on
and try to get it running.

If you cancel a DTML update in Fle3, it just basically stops in the
middle of the update, leaving some files old and some files new. The
one file that was being processed at that time might be missing, but
that is all. Another DTML update should fix the situation.

If Zope works, but Fle3 doesn't, you could check out ZMI -> Control
Panel -> Products. The list should contain FLE. If there is a notice
that the product is broken, then you have an error somewhere. However,
errors in DTML syntax shouldn't break the entire products. Errors in
the python files will do that, though.

Hopefully you've been making alterations to the dtml files in the file
system and reloading the DTML files every now and then, so there is no
work lost if you need to reinstall Zope. I'm just guessing here, but
this seems like a problem with Zope or Python and your platform.

If you have actual content inside an Fle3 environment that you'd like
to store even if you need to reinstall Zope, you could try to access
the fle_export method to get a full XML export of the data, which you
can then reimport after fixing the system. So aim your browser at
http://yourserver/yourfledirectory/fle_export and see if you'll
receive a zipped archive file. Store this and use it when recreating
your Fle3 environments after getting the server back to working
condition.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/