Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dt

From: Vicky
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dtmls
Date: Thu Aug 29 07:19:02 2002

Hi Tarmo,

Thanks and yes, it is quite a mess :-(

I've been looking into the matter more today and also think it's got to do
with Zope and not Fle. We're running it on Windows 2000 and I can see that
the Zope service starts and then stops again after a minute or so.

One problem, I think, is that our "Data.fs" is over 2GB (!!! and we've only
been working on it for 2 weeks) and in the same folder, "/var", there is a
Data.temp and a Data.lock file since yesterday. And I remember at one point
yesterday (while Zope was still running) seeing an OverflowError.
(Do you have any idea how the file could have become so large so quickly? We
have no concrete course material up yet and only 5 test users so far).

We cannot access Zope at all so I tried a few tips from www.zope.org via
command line but the one I'd hoped would work (running "/ZODB/fsrecovery.py"
on the file var/Data.fs) didn't work - "ZODB module could not be imported"
(or something similar).

I've also tried running "tranalyzer.py" on the data.fs file but the last
entries I see do not have a byte pointer indication which I could use to try
to slice off the last entries in data.fs.

So, I'd like to trying packing it - Could you advise me in how I can try to
pack the "data.fs" file via the command line?

Luckily yes, I have copies of the original and of the customized files on my
local pc :-)

Thanks, Vicky