Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dt

From: Bas van der Linden
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Zope/FLE Complete Lock Up while reloading customized dtmls
Date: Thu Aug 29 07:29:01 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:11:20PM +0200, Vicky wrote:
> One problem, I think, is that our "Data.fs" is over 2GB (!!! and we've only
> been working on it for 2 weeks) and in the same folder, "/var", there is a

Hi Vicky,

I know from our own experience that a 2 GB Data.fs shouldn't be a problem
for Zope. We're running FreeZope.org and that currently has a Data.fs
roughly three times yours :) It's 5.6 GB right nouw I think.

However: We're running on Linux, and I don't know how Windows 2000 handles
large files. Are you sure that Win2K can handle files > 2GB in size?

(2 GB is a magic number in itself; it marks the limit of 32-bit address
space. If you wish to have larger files, special structures have to exist.)

> Data.temp and a Data.lock file since yesterday. And I remember at one point
> yesterday (while Zope was still running) seeing an OverflowError.

Hmm.. I remember that we had to do some magic with Python, but I can't remeber
what those were. I'll go and look it up and mail it.

> So, I'd like to trying packing it - Could you advise me in how I can try to
> pack the "data.fs" file via the command line?

What we did for FreeZope.org was write a pythonscript that calls the correct
URL in Zope. I am not aware of a way to pack the ZODB from the commandline.

Cheers,

Bas // FreeZope Support

--
B.J.J. van der Linden                   -=-
Brouwersgracht 132               Amaze Internet Services