[Freeipmi-devel] Recreating SDR cache before reading sensors information

From: Dinh Khac Thanh
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Recreating SDR cache before reading sensors information
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:21:45 +0800

Hi,

I am working on a monitoring application that needs to get sensor information via IPMI every 10 seconds. I have skimmed through the source code for ipmi-sensors to learn how to use freeipmi.

My question is: If I am using the same IPMI session to get sensor data, do I need to recreate the SDR cache every time before reading the data?

Best regards
Thanh