Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:59:16 -0800

> Tried two different manufacturers boards, both with known working
> IPMI/BMC,with the default address set to 0xCA2. Success! At least I
> know fish etc. is working OK, it's just the board that's duff.

Doh!  Sorry you got a bum board ...

> How does the new code in CVS work? Does it scan a range of
> addresses or is there some more subtle method? I'm ready to give it a
> try - can I accessit from Savannah ?

I don't know this section of the IPMI spec too well, but essentially
there are several areas that can be scanned for system interface
information.  It includes the PCI config, ACPI tables, and SMBIOS.  I'll
leave it to some other FreeIPMI person to describe these in more detail
since I dont know much about this section of the IPMI spec.

As for checking out from CVS, yeah its on savannah.  According to their
webpage, just do:

export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/freeipmi co freeipmi

to get the latest code.