[Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inband device"

From: michael
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inband device"
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:41:51 -0500

Hi,

I compiled and ran ipmi-sensors successfully, but when i tried to run it on
a different machine after copying just the /usr/sbin and usr/lib64 files
generated by the previous compile, i get this error on the machine where I
just copied the binaries:

ipmi-sensors
could not find inband device

Anybody know what else needs to loaded on the other computer that these
binaries need?  The other machine is a clone of the machine I ran the
compile on: same hardware/software.

Respectfully Yours,
Michael Vitale

 <mailto:address@hidden>