Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 09:54:23 +0530

Hello Alexei,

> Ok to remove. This only optimizes mistaken calls to FT_Render_Glyph on
> bitmap fonts. A related question is whether we need FT_LOAD_TARGET_SDF
> for FT_Load_Glyph?

I don't think we need `FT_LOAD_TARGET_SDF', I much prefer loading it with
`FT_LOAD_DEFAULT' and then rendering it separately. However to keep it
consistent with the rest of the renderers we might need to add it.

> I would be less worried about FT_Property_Set if FreeType reserved the
> right to remove (ignore) or change properties when it is reasonable to
> do so, i.e. properties should not be considered a part of API.

Does that mean I shouldn't use `FT_Property_Set' ? For some parameters
such as `spread' there is no other way to dynamically set it.

Anuj