Develop a test framework for checking FreeType's rendering output

From: sarthak bhardwaj
Subject: Develop a test framework for checking FreeType's rendering output
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 18:20:28 +0530

hello,

I want suggestions regarding generating HTML pages depicting the comparison, as this project wants to add some good UI, or can say we need something more functional and reflexive than the current one.

I think using something like Jekyll or HUGO will be a plus, as the Jekyll plugin is a static website generator with great support for GitLab Pages and makes the build process simpler. Jekyll. Plugins Support takes HTML files and Markdown and creates a completely static site based on your preference of layouts. One can easily configure most Jekyll settings, for example, your website’s plugins and theme, by editing your _config.yml file. The same goes for HUGO. So can it be an option or not?

 If it will work it can definitely resolve the problem of having a sophisticated UI, otherwise bootstrap and materialize CSS should be another approach and they will work for sure...

And for the proposal, do FreeType demand any specific questions to be answered in the proposal, as some other orgs do, or it should be kept general i.e. as mentioned in GSoC guidelines.

Regards,
Sarthak Bhardwaj