gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:34:12 +0300

Camm Maguire ?????:
Greetings!

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi! Camm and Mike please forgive me for my inactivity in the
time or release eve. I'm not yet recovered from my galleys
to do anything useful for GCL - I was barely able to follow
your wonderful development.  Today I've got a few spare hours
to test current GCL cvs (2.6.1 tag).

Recent Camm maxpage optimization works great!  I've got
significant performance improvement on many tests.
Note: new (time ...) function is broken on Windows.

Thanks!  Mike, is this a simple issue?

The point is that on UNIX get_internal_run_time returns
two values (run time and child time) while on mingw it
returns just one value.  Thus on mingw child time
gets value NIL and this nonnumber value breaks
TIME.  One can either make get_internal_run_time return
0 as second value on mingw or fix TIME to cope
with NIL.  I don't know which way is correct.

Unfortunately Maxima build ignore-errors bug is still here.

Argh!  I was banking on the hope that the ansi-crash and this bug
were manifestations of the same thing.  Are we all sure we are using
the same carefully balanced compiler optimization options?  Mike, can
you reproduce?
Take care,

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov