gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.1-33 on SuSE9.0/AMD64

From: Yoriaki FUJIMORI
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.1-33 on SuSE9.0/AMD64
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:18:39 +0900

Dear Camm,
Thanks for your response.

(1) On SuSE8.2beta9 for AMD64, I just typed
% ./configure  && make

This lead to the goal of the successful compilation of
gcl-2.6.1-33.  With this saved_gcl, I can compile
maxima-5.9.0 and axiom.
# These two have got known bugs, of course.

(2) On SuSE9.0, I tried
 1. ./configure (no option)
 2. ./configure --enable-pic
 3. ./configure --enable-pic --enable-debug

I thought compiling gcl with -fPIC would help, but this
compile option did not improve the situation.
Created saved_gcl seems to run fine as interpreter, but
it cannot load any object modules.
I run saved_gcl on gdb, and I noticed  that segmentation fault
occurs.

Thank you for your attention.

yoriaki fujimori