[Getfem-users] Building a mesh from slice doesn't seem to be possible us

From: Arvind Ajoy
Subject: [Getfem-users] Building a mesh from slice doesn't seem to be possible using getfem-matlab interface
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:20:58 +0530

Dear Getfem users

In my previous post, I had asked questions regarding the calculation of an (n-1) dimensional
integral in a an n-dim problem.
In pursuit of a solution to this, I was successful in creating a slice using the gf_slice('points', mesh m, mat P)
function in the getfem-matlab interface. I now need to create a mesh from this slice.

The documentation for the getfem-matlab interface doesnt seem to mention how one can create a mesh from
a slice. However, the getfem++ documentation  at http://download.gna.org/getfem/doc/getfemuser/getfemuser_18.html#id2
points out the following
"getfem::slicer_build_mesh (mesh &m)  : In some (rare) occasions , it might be useful to build a mesh from a slice.
Note however that there is absolutely no guaranty that the mesh will be conformal (although it is often the case). "

I looked at the source code, but couldnt figure out how to use the getfem-matlab interface to create a mesh from
a slice.

Could someone kindly suggest how I can solve this problem?

Regards
Arvind