Re: [Getfem-users] Calculating Hydrostatic Pressure for Incompressible N

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Calculating Hydrostatic Pressure for Incompressible Non-Linear Hyperelastic material
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:26:15 +0100

Dear Samyak,

It is definitely not true that the hydrostatic term -1/3*Tr(sigma) should be zero in an incompressible material. If this is the case you are simply calculating the deviatoric part of sigma instead of sigma. In order to get sigma you need to add the term p*Id(3). Actually the hydrostatic term you are looking for is simply equal to p.

Best regards
Kostas