Re: [Getfem-users] Calculating Hydrostatic Pressure for Incompressible N

From: samyak jain
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Calculating Hydrostatic Pressure for Incompressible Non-Linear Hyperelastic material
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:08:37 +0000

Dear Kostas,

I am not sure I understood correctly what Yves and you said. I understand that material laws can give hydrostatic pressure even if there is no volume change. So does that mean the stress obtained from the model solution can contain both deviatoric and hydrostatic terms in it.

What do you mean by adding multiplier p for incompressibility to the trace of the stress tensor.

I am a bit confused. Could you please explain once more. Sorry for these questions but I really want to understand it correctly.

Thanks

Yours sincerely
Samyak