gksu-devel

Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:08:40 -0200

Em Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:06:03 -0200, Allan Douglas <address@hidden> escreveu:

> > Hello all,
>
> Couve!

Hau!

> We really need a daemon?

Well, no, we need a way to keep the authorization for a small amount
of time. What do you propose?

> The client<->daemon communication will be automatic? Ex: If the daemon is up,
> gksu_ask_passwd("bleh", "blih") will returns without displaying a message
> (because the lib can get the password from the daemon)?

That's what I think is the best thing to do, yes.

> Will be possible to utilize the lib without executing the daemon?

Well, I believe we can have that as an option, yes, what do you think?

> 20 seconds? Too little, a daemon that keeps the password for a few seconds
> will be useless. Maybe 15 minutes...? (sudo's default timeout)

Very nice idea.

> We really need a daemon? And the KISS principle...?

I even believe that a daemon could help us achieve KISS, given our
goals.

[]s!

--
address@hidden: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>