Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:44:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Amar S. Tumballi wrote:

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:52:35PM -0500, Brent A Nelson wrote:
volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes share0 share1 share2 share3 share4 share5 share6 share7
share8 share9 share10 share11 share12 share13 share14 share15
end-volume

you can't have more than one subvolumes in protocol/server xlator. The
clustering
ability is there only within cluster/{unify,stripe,afr} xlators.

Doesn't that just export multiple volumes from one server so the client can access them all? I use cluster/unify and cluster/afr on the client to cluster together the server's volumes, and it works (except for what appear to be memory leaks). Also, the examples in the documentation show multiple subvolumes just as I am doing (e.g., the section "AFR Example in Clustered Mode"), so I assumed that was the proper way to do it.

Otherwise, you'd do a protocol/server (or maybe a separate glusterfsd?) for every export. Unless, of course, it makes sense to put a cluster translator on the server, rather than the client...

volume statprefetch
  type performance/stat-prefetch
  option cache-seconds 2
  subvolumes server
end-volume

volume writebehind
  type performance/write-behind
  option aggregate-size 131072 # in bytes
  subvolumes statprefetch
end-volume

volume readahead
  type performance/read-ahead
  option page-size 65536 ### in bytes
  option page-count 16 ### memory cache size is page-count x page-size per
  file#
  subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume iot
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  subvolumes readahead
end-volume

no.. in server side, server should be the top most volume. and later, all other
volumes should come.

Just to be clear, can you give me a proper basic example of a server exporting two disks, with all performance translators correctly configured? The documentation is lacking in this area...

And about io-threads if you have used it in the client side,
there is some work pending to make it run seemlessly (as few part of our code is
not yet threadsafe). So, i advice you to run io-threads only on server.

Okay, will do.

Thanks,

I am working on read-ahead/memory leak issues now.. once found, will get back
to you..

Amar

Okay, great.

Thanks,