Re: [Gluster-devel] Connecting via unix socket instead of IP socket

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Connecting via unix socket instead of IP socket
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:13:33 +0100

So the same volume config file can be used to start up the server and mount the FS?
i.e.

# glusterfsd -f /etc/glusterfs/foo.vol

and

/etc/glusterfs/foo.vol /foo glusterfs defaults 0 0
in /etc/fstab?

Or is an additional setup/option required somewhere?
Or is only one of the above actually required? Would in this configuration mounting the FS get the server process going implicitly, since it's now the same process?

Gordan

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
Well,
 I have completed a wiki page with example and few explanation here:

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Unify_NUFA_with_single_process

Though the example is for unify with nufa scheduler, it can be used for any translators, like afr, stripe etc. (note: keep the order of subvolume same in case of afr and stripe).

Regards,
Amar