Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:19:39 -0700

Hi Gordan,
Schedulers are only available for Unify translator. AFR doesnt support
NUFA.

Usually for HPC type workload, we do two separate mounts.
1) Unify (with NUFA scheduler) of all the nodes
2) Unify (with RR scheduler) of all AFRs. Each AFR mirrors two nodes.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Gordan Bobic wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the NUFA scheduler and it works fine between the machines that are both clients and servers, but I'm not having much luck with getting client-only machines to mount the share.

I'm guessing that the problem is that I am trying to wrap a "type cluster/afr" brick with "option scheduler nufa" with a protocol/server, and export that. Is there any reason why this shouldn't work? Or do I have to set up a separate AFR brick without "option scheduler nufa" to export with a brick of "type protocol/server"?

Thanks.

Gordan