Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler

From: gordan
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:34:12 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Amar S. Tumballi wrote:

      And are you saying that it is possible to connect via a protocol/client
volume to
      a remote volume of type other than protocol/server?

Always protocol client connects to protocol server. But the 'option
remote-subvolume' will be
one of the subvolumes of server protocol. I thought that was noticeable in all
the spec file
examples given.

I see. So protocol/client's remote-subvolume should refer to a protocol/server's subvolume, rather than the protocol/server's volume name itself?

So, each server has to use a separate configuration file, rather than having one spec file with multiple protocol/server volumes? Or is it supposed to be done by having each protocol/server listen on a different port with the same spec file?

Gordan